Driving With Care Endorsements
· National Commission Against Drunk Driving awarded a certificate of commendation to CIS for outstanding efforts to prevent impaired driving through DWC.
· The DWC program is a thoughtful, carefully constructed that sets a new standard for DWI offender rehabilitation programs.
· Every impaired offender program should take a look at
these materials because they will set the standard for a comprehensive,
motivational, educational change program that can reduce recidivism and
promote meaningful, lasting change for the offenders.
Vice President Research
Traffic Injury Research Foundation
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Carlo DiClemente, Ph.D.
· Driving with care is a set of comprehensive manuals for both the practitioner and the client/offender. Its foundation in empirically supported interventions is a major strength. This set of protocols holds promise for reducing recidivism in DWI offenders.
Professor and Chair, Psychology Department
University of Maryland
Reid Hester, Ph.D.
· Driving With Care is a carefully crafted cognitive-behavioral program
that promises to significantly improve the treatment of impaired
Director, Research Division
Behavior Therapy Associates LLP
G. Alan Marlatt, Ph.D.
· The 2005 Driving With Care series of intervention manuals from Wanberg,
Milkman and Timken are an excellent and comprehensive set of resources for
re-education and rehabilitation of the alcohol impaired driving offender. These
Participant Manuals are supported by a hefty information packed Provider Manual. I
hope that these excellent manuals will find widespread use.
Director, Addictive Behaviors Research Center
University of Washington, Seattle
George A. Parks, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Addictive Behaviors Research Center
University of Washington, Seattle
Paul R. Marques, Ph.D.
· Driving with Care and its structured curricula plus offender workbooks may offer the most significant development in driving while impaired services since the introduction of the Alcohol Safety Action Programs in the 1970s.
Senior Research Scientist
Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation
Dennis McCarty, Ph.D. Professor
· Driving with care is the most comprehensive set of material on treating DWI offenders I have ever seen. Wanberg, Milkman and Timken hit a home run with these great instructional aides. I highly recommend it for use in the classroom or as an aide for the practicing clinician.
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR
Robert J. Meyers, Ph.D.
· These comprehensive manuals provide many options to
providers of all levels of DUI intervention and treatment programs.
They are a useful addition to the field.
Research Associate Professor in Psychology
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
Elisabeth Wells-Parker, Ph.D.
· This is the first series designed to comprehensively meet the needs of government agencies, educators, and therapists by providing a research-based model of stepped education and treatment for driving-while impaired offenders. There is nothing else in the field like Driving With Care; it should be required reading for researchers as well as practitioners.
Professor, Social Science Research Center
Mississippi State University, Starkville
William F. Wieczorek, Ph.D.
Director and Professor
Center for Health and Social Research
Buffalo State College, Buffalo, NY